|Wednesday, 21-Feb-2007 15:31
CENCARU MASAK KICAP, SAMBAL GORENG TEMPE & SUP SAYUR CAMPUR
CENCARU MASAK KICAP
2 cencaru, cut into three each
1 onion, sliced
2 shallots, sliced
3 cloves garlics, chopped
thumbsize ginger, crush
2 teaspn white pepper
2 inch cinnamon stick
1 star anise
3 cardamom seeds
6 tablespn thick soya sauce ( I used kicap kipas udang)
1/2 bowl water
salt to taste
a little asam jawa
1. Rub fish with a little salt and tumeric powder. Fry and keep aside.
2. Fry onion, shallots, garlics and ginger till withered. Add in the spices and white pepper, saute till fragrant.
3. Add in soya sauce, stir and pour in water. Bring to boil.
4. Add in the fried fish. Continue stirring until gravy thickened.
5. Add salt to taste and a little asam jawa juice. Serve.
SAMBAL GORENG TEMPE
1 packet tempe (6cm x 6cm), diced
1 tauhu, diced
1 potatoe, diced
handful of suhun, deep fried
2 tblspn dried shrimp, pounded ( prawns may be used )
2 tablspn chillie paste
1 onion, chopped
2 garlics, chopped
A little asam jawa juice
1/2 cup coconut milk
1. Deep fry tempe, tauhu and potatoe. Keep aside.
2. With little cooking oil stir fry onion, garlics and dried shrimp.
3. Add chilie paste and stir. Pour in some water.
4. When gravy is well mixed, add in salt adn sugar to taste.
5. Add coconut powder and asam jawa juice.
6. When gravy starts thickening, add in fried tempe, tauhu and potatoe.
7. Continue stirring until gravy fully coated the fried ingredients. Finally add in deep fried suhun, stir until mixed well and ready to serve.
SUP SAYUR CAMPUR
Simply stir fry onions and garlics. Add in 1 teaspn of white pepper, stir and add in thinly sliced meat. Cook until meat softened with incorporation of water in necessary amount. Then, just add in fish balls and vege i.e. cauli flower, carrots, mushrooms, tomatoes, spring onions etc of your favorites. Add salt to taste.
COME JOIN ME FOR LUNCH....